OK. I’m here on New Year’s Day 2015 watching the Rose Parade, still wondering what is up with certain things.
- Why is what we call “REAL FOOD” so fattening? Vegetables are real food, too. I mean, as opposed to what? Holographic Meatloaf? Vegetables? Look, just because something isn’t drowning in sugar, salt and/or fat doesn’t mean it’s real food.
- Why are we still scared of minorities? I’ll admit, I get scared of them unjustly, too, sometimes. I was walking my dog and this young black boy walked up to a friend’s house. I thought he was going to do something wrong. It wasn’t until he asked the friend for a leash he could borrow for his new puppy that I finally calmed down. Normally, I don’t think that for everyone. So why am I even thinking of it at all? #AllLivesMatter
- Why are we still rejecting LGBTQs from our churches? God loves them, too. I have a distinct feeling Russia is going through its current financial crisis because of their treatment and attitudes toward LGBTQs. As a Christian, I believe the Bible calls us to be straight. No doubt there. But if we reject solely on the basis of this particular sin or that particular sin, we might as well shut down churches for lack of perfect people in the world. (There is none righteous, no not one. -Romans 3:10) No sin is greater than any other sin; we all need forgiveness.
- Does ANYBODY know exactly what we do with Natural Gay people? I’m not sure if the Bible writers were even aware of the homosexual nature. I guess I’ve got a soft spot for LGBTQs. They need God’s love and forgiveness as, well, me.
- Why are people still scared of autism? I hear stories of people depicting a person with autism as a burden, and a strain on anyone they meet. As far as I know, I, a person with autism, am a help to everyone I know. Far be it from me to toot my own horn, but it’s only a need to define that people with autism are not a tragedy, if you do not let them be. Lift them up to God, for He knows what to do.
More questions are coming.