In my process of learning to cook, sometimes I still need help. I can make a chili just fine…but it might be a little spicy. Sometimes, though, a recipe of food comes along that I need some help or a reminder or two on, like lasagna. It was actually much easier to make than I thought – just forgot all the assembly steps. I have decided to post the recipe:
Makes 12 Servings
2 lb. Ground Beef
2 Tb. Garlic Salt
2 24 oz. jars or cans favorite Italian Red Sauce
1 Tb. Italian Seasoning
1 15-oz. tub Ricotta Fresca
Salt, to taste
2 Cups Mozzarella, shredded
5 oz. Parmesan and Romano, shredded
16 oz. Lasagna
Step 1: Preparing Meat Sauce
1) Brown ground beef with garlic salt
2) Add Italian Red Sauce.
3) Add Italian seasoning; simmer while doing next stage.
Step 2: Preparing Ricotta
1) Mix ricotta, egg and salt to taste. Set aside.
Step 3: Preparing Lasagna
1) Follow package instructions (you may use Oven Ready Lasagna instead).
Step 4: Assembly and Baking
1) Gather Sauce, Ricotta mixture, Cheeses, and Lasagna together to assemble.
2) In a 9″X13″ glass baking dish, spray with cooking spray.
3) Spread a thin coat of sauce on bottom of pan, careful to avoid spreading meat.
4) Layer three pieces of lasagna across sauce.
5) Layer one third of sauce on lasagna.
6) Place small dollops of one half the ricotta mixture; gently spread in area with a fork.
7) Sprinkle one third Parmesan over ricotta.
8) Layer one third Mozzarella over Parmesan.
9) Repeat from 5 to 8.
10) Layer three pieces lasagna over Mozzarella.
11) Layer sauce over lasagna.
12) Layer Parmesan and Mozzarella over sauce.
13) Bake at 350 degrees F for 45-55 minutes.
14) Let stand for 10 minutes before serving. Serve into cut squares.